Bioassays & Bioanalytics
Abzena’s bioanalytics and bioassay services are specifically designed to help you during the protein or antibody engineering phase of your project. We offer a comprehensive suite of bioanalytical and bioassay techniques to help guide you through the drug discovery phase of your project.
Abzena is able to perform a wide range of bioanalytical techniques to help you characterise your antibody or protein. Information obtained can help guide your protein engineering strategy and ultimately can aid you in lead candidate selection.
Amongst the methods we offer to help you with antibody assessment and candidate selection are the following:
- Affinity determination (Biacore)
- Binding and Competition (flow cytometry, ELISA, HTRF)
- Intact protein or antibody mass determination (Mass Spec)
- Peptide mapping including sequence coverage (HPLC, RPMS)
- Identification of degradation points and instabilities in mAbs (CDR regions) (Mass Spec)
- Investigation of mAb formulation and serum stability (HPLC, Mass Spec)
- Thermal unfolding using differential scanning fluorimetry (Sypro Orange))
- Propensity to aggregation (thermal stress, HPLC, aggregation kit)
- Identification of site-specific modifications (N– and O-glycosylation, oxidation, deamidation, phosphorylation)
Determining the function of a protein, or ensuring the functional properties have been maintained following engineering are critical steps in the development of your molecule. To help you, Abzena offer a wide range of standard biochemical and biological assays and we can also work with you to develop bespoke assay formats.
The following assays are amongst those currently offered by Abzena:
- Cell viability/proliferation/cytotoxicity/Apoptisis
- Internalisation (flow cytometry, fluorescence microscopy)
- Cell signalling
- Fc receptor function: ADCC (Antibody Dependent Cell Mediated Cytotoxicity), CDC (Complement Dependent Cytotoxicity)
- Cell characterisation (drug resistance, differentiation…)
Custom assay development and optimisation
Abzena have significant experience in developing cell based assays to assess function and analytical methods to determine potency, purity, identity, product characterisation and stability. Abzena can develop and optimise protocols to meet your specific requirements.
Working with Abzena
Abzena’s services are tailored for each project to ensure that the objectives are met or exceeded. Experienced project teams are assigned to each study focusing on progressing projects through to results in the minimum amount of time. Our clients widely regard us as professional and attentive partners who deliver quality results.
To get more information, a quote or to schedule a teleconference please contact us.