Cambridge, UK, 21 April 2017 – Abzena plc (AIM: ABZA, ‘Abzena’ or the ‘Group’) the life sciences group providing services and technologies to enable the development and manufacture of better biopharmaceutical products, announced on 5 April 2017 a conditional placing to raise approximately £25 million (the “Placing Announcement”). The Placing was subject to inter alia the approval by Shareholders of the Resolutions set out in the Notice of General Meeting, dated 5 April 2017.
Abzena announces that at the General Meeting, which was held earlier today, all the Resolutions were duly passed.
Following the passing of the Resolutions at the General Meeting, Abzena has allotted and issued (subject only to admission) 75,757,576 new Ordinary Shares. Application has been made to the London Stock Exchange for these new Ordinary Shares to be admitted to trading on AIM and it is expected that Admission will occur and that dealings will commence at 8.00 a.m. on 24 April 2017.
Following Admission there will be 213,603,903 Ordinary Shares in issue, each carrying one voting right. No shares are held in Treasury. The total number of voting rights in the Company is therefore 213,603,903. This number may be used by Shareholders as the denominator for the calculation by which they will determine if they are required to notify their interest in, or a change in their interest in, the share capital of the Company under the Financial Conduct Authority’s Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules.
Unless otherwise defined in this announcement, capitalised words and phrases used in this announcement shall have the same meanings given to them in the Placing Announcement made on 5 April 2017.
John Burt, Chief Executive Officer
Julian Smith, Chief Financial Officer
+44 1223 903498
Numis (Nominated Adviser and Broker)
Clare Terlouw / James Black / Paul Gillam
+44 20 7260 1000
N+1 Singer (Joint Broker)
Aubrey Powell / Liz Yong / Mark Taylor
+44 20 7496 3069
Melanie Toyne Sewell / Alex Shaw
+44 20 7457 2020
Notes to Editors
Abzena (AIM: ABZA) provides proprietary technologies and complementary services to enable the development and manufacture of biopharmaceutical products.
The term ‘Abzena inside’ is used by Abzena to describe products that have been created using its proprietary technologies and are being developed by its partners, and include Composite Human Antibodies™ and ThioBridge™ Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADCs). Abzena has the potential to earn future licence fees, milestone payments and/or royalties on ‘Abzena inside’ products.
Abzena offers the following services and technologies across its principal sites in Cambridge (UK), San Diego, California (USA) and Bristol, Pennsylvania (USA):
- Immunology research studies, including immunogenicity assessment of candidate biopharmaceutical products;
- Protein engineering to create humanized antibodies and deimmunised therapeutic proteins;
- Cell line development for the manufacture of recombinant proteins and antibodies;
- Contract process development and GMP manufacture of biopharmaceuticals, including monoclonal antibodies and recombinant proteins for preclinical and clinical studies;
- Contract synthetic chemistry and bioconjugation research services, focused on antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs);
- Proprietary site-specific conjugation technologies and novel payloads for ADC development; and
- GMP manufacturer of ADC linkers, payloads & combined linker-payloads.
For more information, please see www.abzena.com