- Research Services
- Antibody Discovery
- Antibody and Protein Engineering
- Cell Line Development
- Development & Manufacturing
- Investor Relations
- Contact Us
Mammalian Cell Line Development
Our Composite CHO™ technology comprises a combination of a proprietary, licence-free expression vector (pANT-DEx-dhfr09), an optimised transfection technology and a proprietary, licence-free CHO cell line. The vector contains a proprietary 5’ UTR sequence that enhances antibody production. The CHO cell line is pre-adapted for growth in suspension and commercially available serum-free defined medium.
Abzena oﬀers a variety of CHO manufacturing cell line development packages to meet customers’ requirements. We can develop transfection pools for proof of concept through to high expressing clonal cell lines ready for cGMP manufacture.
We aim to provide:
- Cell lines with high expression levels of antibodies and other proteins
- Seamless transition from cell line development to in-house GMP production at Abzena’s US facility or management of transfer to another manufacturer
There are no downstream milestones or royalty payments associated with the use of our Composite™ CHO technology.
Stable cell line development
Stable CHO cell lines capable of producing high yields of antibodies or proteins are grown in suspension in chemically deﬁned, serum free medium. Transfection of the cells can be performed using our pANT™ vector or a custom vector.
We can assess Product Quality Attributes (PQA) at multiple stages throughout the project to ensure product integrity and quality.
Abzena’s pANT™ vector maximises recombinant protein expression through the use of a proprietary UTR (Untranslated Region) to enhance protein production, and a modiﬁed dhfr gene for the rapid ampliﬁcation of vector copy numbers in the cells.
- Modiﬁed 5’ UTRs for increased protein expression
- DHFR selection allows industry standard MTX ampliﬁcation
- Driven by a strong CMV I/E promoter
For recombinant antibodies:
- Contains both heavy and light chain genes in a single vector
- Constant regions contained on genomic fragments (with introns) for increased expression levels
- Selection of IgG sub-classes such as IgG1, IgG2 and IgG4 with optional stability or functional enhancements
Visualisation of a dual-chain pANT™ vector designed for recombinant antibodies. Yellow arrows indicate modified 5’ UTRs
A high expression level and a product that has the desired PQA are key outcomes of a successful cell line development project. Our Composite CHO™ and pANT™ technologies have been designed to help achieve these outcomes.
Working with Abzena
Our services are tailored for each project to ensure that the objectives are met or exceeded. Experienced project teams are assigned to each study focusing on progressing projects through to results in the minimum amount of time. Our clients widely regard us as professional and attentive partners who deliver quality results in a timely manner.
For more information or a quote for our cell line development services and technologies contact us.