Abzena provides a range of complementary services and technologies through its subsidiaries, PolyTherics and Antitope, to help its customers develop better biopharmaceutical products. We are committed to excellence, creativity, teamwork, and open communication, and value the contribution of our employees.
Position: Laboratory Manager
Location: Cambridge, Babraham Research Campus
- Planning and managing reorganisation and re-fit of new lab spaces.
- Ensuring a seamless transition to new, shared storage facilities.
- Make modifications to the existing supply system to reflect changes in the company.
- Overseeing stock control of consumables in labs and communal stores.
- Co-ordinating purchasing between project groups and finance team.
- Ensuring projects are supplied according to contract timelines.
- Negotiate discounts with key suppliers
- Sourcing and supply of lab equipment.
- Scheduling timely equipment calibration, servicing and repair.
- Maintaining accurate servicing documentation and user-manual library.
- Contributing to the safe disposal of chemical, biological and electrical waste.
- Overseeing and contributing to laboratory hygiene, equipment decontamination, tidiness and cleaning rotas.
- Maintenance of laboratory health and safety including signage and equipment provision.
- Undertaking laboratory health and safety inspections and maintaining inspection records.
- Participation in the company’s Health and Safety Committee including the reporting of inspection results.
- Ensuring PAT testing of new equipment.
- Manage lab technician
If you are interested in this position please send your CV and a cover letter to Katy Rogers, Operations Manager via email on firstname.lastname@example.org by 6th November 2014.